Munitions Monkey Ltd - Company Number 07594011
Trading as MonkeyLoaderAbout this document
This Privacy Notice will help you understand how we collect, use and protect your personal information.
Document Last Updated : 21-05-2018
- How do we collect information
- Website Privacy
- What we use and legal basis
- Personal data marketing
- Consequences of processing
- Who we share data with
- Processing outside of EEA
- How long is data held
- Social Media
- Protecting your information
- Your rights
- Contacting us
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
The personal data you have provided, we have collected from you, or we have received from third parties includes:
Name, contact details, including addresses, telephone numbers and email address, identifiers assigned to your computer or other devices, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
Most of the personal information we hold about you is that which we collect directly from you, for example:
- When you purchase our products or services
- When you register to receive information from us
- When you make enquiries or raise concerns with us.
- IP Address
- Business Category
Use Of Website Cookies
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website. Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites, similar to; "www.loginrailwaystation.co.uk" or "Bed & Breakfast Pembrokeshire"
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
WHAT WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR AND THE LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING
We may store and use your personal information for the purposes of:
- Administering your account.
- Fulfilling your order from our online store.
- Carrying out anti-fraud and anti-money laundering checks and verifying your identity (as is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
- Assessing financial by carrying out credit reference checks and credit scoring assessments, for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
- Providing you related services (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
- Sending you information about how to renew and contract we may have. (as is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations);
- Handling and testing related databases (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
- Communicating with you about the services we provide you, including responding to your enquiries (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
- Administering debt recoveries, where you owe us money under a contract or otherwise (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
- Undertaking market research and statistical analysis, including analysing your use of our website. This allows us to develop new, or improve existing, products and services (as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR MARKETING
We will send you marketing about similar products and services by post, telephone, email, SMS and through digital channels. Digital channels includes social media and similar such digital marketing channels. We may upload and match the personal data you provide to us with the data you provide to social media and similar such digital marketing channels. This allows us to improve our knowledge of you and, in return, serve you with relevant marketing messages.
You can object to receiving marketing from us at any time. Please email us at email@example.com , or write to us Munitions Monkey Ltd, Pine House, Chandlers Way, Southend On Sea EC2R 7AS. We consider that it is within our legitimate interests to send you information about our products and services for marketing purposes.
CONSEQUENCES OF PROCESSING
If we, or a credit reference agency, determine that you pose a risk of fraud or money laundering, we may refuse to provide the products or services you have requested. We may also stop providing existing services to you. A record of any fraud or money laundering risk will be retained by us and the fraud prevention agencies. It may also result in others refusing to provide products,and services to you. If you have any questions about our processing of your data for fraud purposes, please contact our Data Protection Officer at the details provided above.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
We do not share any data with 3rd parties for marketing puposes.
Where relevant given the nature of the products and services provided to you, we may also share your information with the following categories of third parties:
Third party service providers who support the operation of our business, such as IT and system providers, credit reference service providers, and debt collection agencies (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
PROCESSING OUTSIDE OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (EEA)
The personal information that we collect from you, and which is shared with some service and marketing platforms may be transferred to and processed in a destination outside of the EEA. In these circumstances, your personal information will only be transferred on one of the following bases:
The country that we send the data is approved by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection for personal information; or the recipient has agreed with us standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, obliging the recipient to safeguard the personal information (in particular, our transfer of personal information to suppliers the United States for marketing, IT development and IT testing purposes are protected in each case by the use of appropriate model clauses); or there exists another situation where the transfer is permitted under applicable data protection legislation (for example, where a third party recipient of personal data in the United States has registered for the EU-US Privacy Shield).
HOW LONG YOUR INFORMATION IS KEPT
We will retain your personal information for a number of purposes, as necessary to allow us to carry out our business. Your information will be kept for up to 7 years on our main systems after which time it will be archived, deleted or anonymised. Fraud and credit referencing agencies can hold your personal data for different periods of time, depending on how that data is being used. If you are considered to pose a risk of fraud or of money laundering, your data can be held by fraud prevention agencies for up to 6 years from its receipt by them. Please contact them for more information. Any retention of personal data will be done in compliance with legal and regulatory obligations and with industry standards. These data retention periods are subject to change without further notice as a result of changes to associated law or regulations. If you have any questions in relation to the retention of your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at the details provided above.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links In Social Media
Our website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo).
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We use a range of technical security measures to protect your information.
Firewalls are used to block unauthorised traffic to the servers, the servers are located in a secure location which can only be accessed by authorised personnel. Locally all devices and terminals are password protected and accessed by authorised personnel.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the following rights:
- To obtain access to, and copies of, the personal information that we hold about you;
- To require that we cease processing your personal information if the processing is causing you damage or distress;
- To require us not to send you marketing communications.
Once the GDPR comes into force on 25 May 2018, you will also have the following rights:
- To require us to erase your personal information;
- To require us to restrict or object to our data processing activities;
- To receive from us the personal information we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of you transmitting that personal information to another data controller;
- To require us to correct the personal information we hold about you if it is incorrect.
Please note that these rights may be limited by data protection legislation, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply. If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal information, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. You can find out more about your rights under data protection legislation from the Information Commissioner's Office website: www.ico.org.uk.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org , or write to us -
Customer Services, Munitions Monkey Ltd, Brook Cottage, Sheepwash Lane, Ramsdell, Tadley, Hants RG26 5RE.